Saturday, September 21, 2013

Children Saturday Job List. Free Printable

Pin ItHappy Saturday! I hope you all are having a great weekend! Sometimes, I wish Saturday would last about two days so I could put a dent in my eternal to list!

Today's post is an exciting one for me. Like any young mother with children just learning to take some responsibility around the home can be a bit challenging and frustrating.

Over the past year or so, I have been slowly giving my young children some simple jobs to do around the house. I started out by just writing a simple list on some paper for each child and checking them off once completed.

One thing I learned rather quickly was that the Saturday job list was a bit different than the job list during the week. Saturday is when the home gets more of the deep cleaning done. Therefore, I needed more help from my children. After all, I am not the only one that lives here, right? I tell my children all the time that our family is a team working together to keep our home clean. Mom, isn't (or shouldn't) be doing all of the cleaning around the home.

The past several months I have been brainstorming about a way that I could come up with something that would help my children get their jobs done in a timely manner on Saturday so they can have plenty of time for play. And also, feel some sense of responsibility for their jobs.

This is what I came up with!


 A laminated Saturday Job list on a clip board my kids can carry around the house. I included a dry erase marker to each one of them so they can check the jobs off as they go.



I did add some cute ribbon to dress it up a bit.


Simple instructions:
  • Print and cut out the printable on card stock.
  • Laminate the printable. ( I used the clear contact paper, super easy, less expensive and I didn't have to leave the house!)
  • Place the printable on the clip board, add some ribbon and a dry erase marker, and there you have it!!
The clip boards were about $1.25 a piece. This entire project cost about $3 including the dry erase marker.

 
Boy Saturday Job Chart

 
Girl Saturday Job Chart
 
 
Simply click on the image. Do a save as, then print as an 8.5 x 11.
 
Print and enjoy!
 
Thanks for visiting today. Come back soon.




1 comment: