Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Freebie! Reason's why I love you book.

Another busy week is coming to a close. Since my schedule wasn't too busy I was able to finish some of my projects I've been promising to share with you.

First, I have a really fun FREE graphics kit I would like to share with you from Designs by Krista! What a fun kit to help you create those perfect Valentines!


Download from Krista's blog here.

See more talent from Krista here.

I wish I could take full credit for this idea. Though it was altered with my taste and format, I got the original idea from, you guessed it, Pinterest!

I wanted to give my husband something very special this year for Valentine's day. Something that he wouldn't just look at once give me a hug and stick it in the bottom of his drawer.
 This is a 4x4 photo book with a metal ring holding it all together. 15 reason's why I love you.


The first thing I did was find 15 pictures. This was a very easy step because I import all of my photos into Heritage Collector directly off my camera card.

Once I had my pictures in order, than I was able to make my list of why I love you's to match with the picture.

I then was able to purchase a very inexpensive graphics kit from Designs by Krista. "Cheeky". Only cost $1.00.

Once the newly purchased graphics kit was imported into Heritage Collector, I was now ready to start creating my pages.

I made these in a 4x4 size.

When the pages were created I put them on a 12 x 12 page in a new Storybook ( 4 to a 12 x12 page)  exported to Costo, printed on photo paper with a Matte finish.

I cut out the pages glued them to a very thin piece of card board then put a Modge Podge finish over the top for some nice texture.



Your probably looking at this picture thinking what happened here? I wanted to show you this so when you make this and you sweep a coat of Modge Podge over the top, yes this look is normal. As you could see in the top photo it drys clear.

I turned them over put a finish on the back, punched a hole in the corner with a regular hole punch, put the pages in order, the project is complete.



Now you have a fun project to give someone in your family! This was really easy because I had everything I needed imported in to Heritage Collector. Then Storybook gave me the tools to create this cute book.

I was inspired to make this next  page because I am so busy. Sometimes I feel like because I am so busy, I can't get anything done.


8x10 sheet printed right from home.

As many of you who know me know I have four very young children. Two of which are one year old twin boys.

At the beginning of each day before my children wake up I feel out this chart and place it in a three ring binder. Or you could also put this under a glass frame and write on it with a dry erase marker.

As the day goes on I can see that I can get things done and I do have extra time. I just needed to write my schedule down to help me achieve what I need to get done.

I made this in Heritage Collector Storybook. Only took me about 20 or so minutes to make.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to send my your comments. I love to hear from you. I also like to hear feedback on topics for future free online classes.

Download our FREE standard version here.

1 comment:

  1. Your book is incredible and thanks so much for the link to the downloads!

    ReplyDelete